I. Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices.
How is patient privacy protected?
As the healthcare professionals providing online medical and clinical services through Psychonline (the "Healthcare Professionals", "us", "we", "our"), we understand that information about you and your health is personal. Because of this, we strive to maintain the confidentiality of your health information. We continuously seek to safeguard that information through administrative, physical and technical means, and otherwise abide by applicable federal and state guidelines.
How do we use and disclose health information?
We use and disclose your health information for the normal business activities that the law sees as falling in the categories of treatment, payment and healthcare operations. Below we provide examples of those activities, although not every use or disclosure falling within each category is listed:
Treatment – We keep a record of the health information you provide us. This record may include your test results, diagnoses, medications, your response to medications or other therapies, and information we learn about your medical condition through the online Services. We may disclose this information so that other doctors, nurses, and entities such as laboratories can meet your healthcare needs.
Payment – We document the services and supplies you receive when we are providing care to you so that you, your insurance company or another third party can pay us. We may tell your health plan about upcoming treatment or services that require prior approval by your health plan.
Health care Operations – Health information is used to improve the services we provide, to train staff, for business management, quality assessment and improvement, and for customer service. For example, we may use your health information to review our treatment and services and to evaluate the performance of our staff in caring for you.
We may also use your health information to:
- Comply with federal, state or local laws that require disclosure.
- Assist in public health activities such as tracking diseases or medical devices.
- Inform authorities to protect victims of abuse or neglect.
- Comply with federal and state health oversight activities such as fraud investigations.
- Respond to law enforcement officials or to judicial orders, subpoenas or other process.
- Inform coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors of information necessary for them to fulfill their duties.
- Facilitate organ and tissue donation or procurement.
- Conduct research following internal review protocols to ensure the balancing of privacy and research needs.
- Avert a serious threat to health or safety.
- Assist in specialized government functions such as national security, intelligence and protective services.
- Inform military and veteran authorities if you are an armed forces member (active or reserve).
- Inform a correctional institution if you are an inmate.
- Inform workers' compensation carriers or your employer if you are injured at work.
- Recommend treatment alternatives.
- Tell you about health-related products and services.
- Communicate within our organization for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations.
with other providers, health plans, or their related entities for their
treatment or payment activities, or health care operations activities
relating to quality assessment and improvement, care coordination and
the qualifications and training of healthcare professionals;
information to other third parties with whom we do business, such as a
record storage provider. However, you should know that in these
situations, we require third parties to provide us with assurances that
they will safeguard your information.
- We may also use or disclose
your personal or health information for operational purposes. For
example, we may communicate with individuals involved in your care or
payment for that care, such as friends and family and send appointment
All other uses and disclosures, not previously described, may only be done with your written authorization. We will also obtain your authorization before we use or disclose your health information for marketing purposes or before we would sell your information. You may revoke your authorization at any time; however, this will not affect prior uses and disclosures. In some cases state law may require that we apply extra protections to some of your health information.
What are the Healthcare Professional's Responsibilities?
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide this Notice of our duties and privacy practices.
- Abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
- Tell you if there has been a breach that compromises your health information.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices, and make the new practices effective for all the information we maintain. Revised notices will be posted on the Psychonline website and mobile application.
Do you have any Federal Rights?
The law entitles you to:
- Inspect and copy certain portions of your health information. We may
deny your request under limited circumstances. You may request that we
provide your health records to you in an electronic format.
- Request amendment of your health information if you feel the health
information is incorrect or incomplete. However, under certain
circumstances we may deny your request.
- Receive an accounting of
certain disclosures of your health information made for the prior six
(6) years, although this excludes disclosures for treatment, payment,
and health care operations. (Fees may apply to this request).
- Request that we restrict how we use or disclose your health information.
However, we are not required to agree with your requests, unless you
request that we restrict information provided to a payor, the disclosure
would be for the payor's payment or healthcare operations, and you have
paid for the health care services completely out of pocket.
- Request that we communicate with you at a specific telephone number or address.
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice even if you receive it electronically.
We may ask that you make some of these requests in writing.
What if I have a Complaint?
If you believe that your privacy has been violated, you may file a complaint with us or with the Secretary of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C. We will not retaliate or penalize you for filing a complaint with the facility or the Secretary. To file a complaint with us or receive more information contact:
Email: [email protected]
Address: 7950 NW 53rd Street, Suite 337
Miami, FL 33166
To file a complaint with the Secretary of Health and Human Services write to 200 Independence Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20201, call 1-800-537-7697, or file an online complaint at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf.
Who Will Follow This Notice?
This Notice describes the health care practices of:
- Any Healthcare Professional authorized to access and/or enter information into your health record;
- All departments and units of Psychonline and Psychonline Professionals
through which online health services are provided; and
- All affiliates and volunteers.
Children under age 18.
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create Accounts that allow access to our Site.
The Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information.
- Health Information that you provide us, which may include information
or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and
laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related
- Health information about you prepared or obtained
by the Healthcare Professionals(s) who provide clinical services through
the Site such as medical and therapy records, treatment and examination
notes, and other health related information.
- Billing information
that you provide us, such as credit card information, or that we
receive from a health plan, employer or other provider of healthcare
benefits on your behalf.
- Information about the computer or mobile
device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind
of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how
you use the Site.
- Other information you input into the Site or related services.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
- To provide you with the Services.
- To improve healthcare quality through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities.
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Services.
- To notify you when Site updates are available.
- To market and promote the Site and the Services to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information.
- For the purposes described in Section I relating to the use of Health Information.
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service
providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who
are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect
your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to
investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a
buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture,
restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of
some or all of Psychonline's assets, whether as a going concern or as
part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal
Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Information We Collect via Technology.
As you use the Site or the Services, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions
you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the
Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous
information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address,
browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively,
- Cookies. We may use both session
Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent
Cookies to make the Site and Services easier to use, to make our
advertising better, and to protect both you and Psychonline. You can
instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting
Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you
visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to
stay logged in to the Site. We presently do not honor "Do Not Track"
requests across all parts of our Site.
- Real-Time Location.
Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time
information about the location of your device so that the Site can
connect you to a Healthcare Professional who is licensed or authorized
to provide Services in the state where you are located. When accessing
Google Maps services on our Site, you are agreeing to Google's Terms of
- Mobile Services. We may collect
non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This
information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant
information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and
used include how you use the application(s) and information about the
type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our
application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information
about your mobile device model software version and device carrier,
which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the
performance of our application(s).
- Analytics Tools. We use tools
such as Google Analytics, AppsFlyer and Mixpanel to help analyze how
in our services to enable them to collect and analyze user and device
related data and information on our behalf. Google Analytics, AppsFlyer,
visit the Site, what pages they visit, and what other sites they used
prior to coming to the Site. We use the information we get to improve
our Site and sServices. Although Google Analytics plants a persistent
Cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next
time you visit the Site, the Cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
Google's ability to use and share information collected by Google
Analytics about your visits to the Site is restricted by the Google
your data from being used by Google Analytics by downloading and
installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Mixpanel's ability to use and
share information it collects about your visits to the Site is
https://mixpanel.com/privacy/. You can opt-out of Mixpanel's automatic
retention of data collected through your browsers while on our Site by
clicking on this link https://mixpanel.com/optout/. To track opt-outs,
Mixpanel uses a persistent opt-out cookie placed on your devices. You
can find out the types of information AppsFlyer collects and how you can
opt-out of AppsFlyer by visiting its website:
http://www.appsflyer.com/opt-out or by emailing [email protected]
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
Information You Share With Third Parties.
Modification of Information.
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted to [email protected]
Limitations on Deletion of Information.
Steps we take to keep your information secure.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Practices, or would like to report a violation, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]